Twitter Expert Connect reflection

http://skqjm2qo294159sjl13cw0k1-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/SPORTS-Med.jpg

In Digital Citizen class, we had a two months long project named Twitter Expect Connect. Like the name suggest, the goal of this project was to connect with Experts through Twitter, in our chosen area of interest. My area of interest in this project was sports medicine.

For this project, we were asked to find 10 experts/professors/authors in our chosen field of interest.  But I was only able to find 6. Who were Lee Kaplan MD, Michael Baraga, Dr. Marvin K Smith, Dr. Stephen N Henry  and Mike Hugh. I added these expert to my list and followed. To my disappointment, for some of those experts, many of their were related to the group they were working with and only a few posts were really focused on the sports medicine. Lee Kaplan MD and Michael Baraga.

All the 6 experts I found related to my topic by being in one way or another specialized the in subject. Their specialties ranged from how to have a fast recovery rate to how to reduce the risk of injuries, while practicing a sport. I requested what other benefits does running has aside from making a person more fit? Which good book on sports medicine would you recommend to someone like me who knows nothing on the subject?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/91ttgJ_PBBw/maxresdefault.jpg

The when I was asking my very first question to my experts, I would formulate it this way I asked the questions was by first greeting the person and continue by saying, “I am interested in the topic of ….. and it would really help me if you could answer my question. ………? The questions I asked where not related to my genius hour topic so, they would not help me in any way in that project.

For me, the first part of this project was really bad. I wasn’t able to find 10 experts, professors or authors and found only 6. Out of all the 6 experts, I only asked a question to 3 of them and couldn’t find 3 more questions to asked the other 3. Out of the 3 experts to whom I asked my questions, none of the answered. In my opinion, the experts were never interested in me in the first place even though it was a part of it was my fault for not twitting to them because none of their posts at that time were really connected to my topic.